amuses bouches

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 18 April 2014

Africa In April

Posted on 16:56 by cena
Africa in April
Robert R. Church Park
Historic Beale Street District
Downtown Memphis

Every year, there is a festival in downtown Memphis, entitled Africa in April.  Each year, a different country is celebrated, and this year the focus is on Burkina Faso.



From Friday to Sunday, tons of booths are set up with a variety of vendors.  Some sell shirts; some sell traditional African clothing; some sell cell phone cases, etc, etc.  


My focus is on the food.  They have traditional fair/festival food, like funnel cakes.  They also have other food.  The booth I chose was called Motherland Cafe.  I tried to research it online, but couldn't find much.  The phone numbers on the sign indicated an Atlanta restaurant.  This booth proclaimed West African and Caribbean food.  


They advertised curry goat, but were out of it.  I was able to sample the curry chicken, which was very tasty.  However, I had a taste for something else.  


I ended up having a grilled lamb.  It was grilled in some type of sauce, and then laid on a bed of yellowish rice.  It also came with a side of vegetables (broccoli and carrots).  The portions were huge and were only $10.  I ate the meat and veggies, but I couldn't finish the rice.  Everything was good and tasty, and I'm glad that I didn't succumb to the funnel cake and corn dog.  

The admission was free.  There is also live music.  Go there!

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Evelyn and Olive
    Evelyn and Olive 630 Madison Ave Memphis, TN 38103 (901) 748-5422 Evelyn and Olive is a restaurant on Madison serving "Jamaican and Sou...
  • The Boiling Point
    The Boiling Point 4975 Pepper Chase Dr Southaven, MS 38671 This was my second trip to this restaurant.   The first time I went for a Yelp ev...
  • The Village, London
    The Village 81 Wardour Street London, W1D 6QD Another gay bar that we enjoyed in London was called The Village.  We weren't there for ka...
  • The Franklin Fountain
    The Franklin Fountain 116 Market St Philadelphia, PA 19106 After walking around Philly, we ended up in Olde City.  Well, we needed a walking...
  • Shalimar Restaurant
    Shalimar Restaurant 307 S. Main Ann Arbor, MI 48104 734-663-1500 I have only been to Ann Arbor once, and the only meal I have ever eaten the...
  • SCRATCHbread
    SCRATCHbread 1069 Bedford Ave Brooklyn, NY 11216 When visiting my friend in Brooklyn, I noticed there was this line at a window.  One day, I...
  • Blind Bear Speakeasy
    Blind Bear Speakeasy 119 S Main St Memphis, TN 38103 Recently, we visited this speakeasy for a few drinks after dinner.  I have been here a ...
  • Cafe Society, Revisited
    Cafe Society 212 N Evergreen St Memphis, TN 38112 This is my second post and visit to Cafe Society.  The first time I went with a group of f...
  • Phily Diner
    Phily Diner 31 S Black Horse Pike Runnemede NJ 08078 We stayed in New Jersey, instead of Philadelphia, based upon hotel prices.  Near our ho...
  • The Fireplace
    The Fireplace 2161 P Street, NW Washington, DC 20037 While in DC, we had to check out some night life.  DuPont Circle is a trendier area of ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2014 (185)
    • ►  June (88)
    • ►  May (51)
    • ▼  April (26)
      • Blue Monkey
      • The Sugar House
      • All Bar One, England
      • The Monarch, London
      • Waxy Little Sister, England
      • The Village, London
      • The Sussex, England
      • The Queen Arms, England
      • Evelyn and Olive
      • The Admiral Duncan, England
      • Africa In April
      • Mela, England
      • Coffee and Chocolate
      • North Forty Truck Stop
      • Shalimar Restaurant
      • Star and Garter, England
      • Calceylone Cafe, England
      • WIndsor Castle, a bar in England
      • Ye Olde George Inn, London
      • Big Fatty's
      • Ku Bar, England
      • Four Way Grill
      • The Cupboard Restaurant
      • Punjabi Spice, England
      • Mot and Ed's Southern Eatery
      • Tootsies Lounge
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2013 (114)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (26)
    • ►  July (24)
    • ►  June (28)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (11)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

cena
View my complete profile