amuses bouches

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Arepa and Salsa

Posted on 17:30 by cena
Arepa and Salsa
662 Madison Ave
Memphis, TN 38105

I'm back!  After a long hiatus.... I'm back.  Let's go back to a Christmas meal.

So... the other day, my dinner crew was going to a new restaurant that had a super long wait, so we made the change to try out Arepa and Salsa.  I had been wanting to try them for a while, but for some reason I hadn't.


This was right before Christmas, and they ended up having a Christmas special.  They had a typical Christmas Venezuelan meal.  Naturally, I had to order that.  I also had an order of their UFO's, which is basically fried cheese.  It was ok.


Another member of our crew ordered the tostones cups.  These were great.  Their were several different ones each with a different meat.



Another member ordered the empanadas which were also very good.


Now, back to that Christmas meal.  It was very tasty, but also unique.  I had never had some of the items quite like they were prepared.  The main dish was called Hallacas.  This was kind of like a tamale but it wasn't in a husk when it was served.  It had a variety of meats, raisins, and olives in a maize type substance.  It was tasty.  I wish it had been a little warmer.  It also had a pan de jamon.  It was like a mini sandwich that had ham, raisins and olives in a pastry type bread.  There was also a cup of chicken salad.  It was very heavy on the potatoes.


So, I googled the information after the meal and that is really what they eat.  It was different, but in a good way.

I need to go back and try an arepa, which is their namesake.  I recommend this place!!


Arepa and Salsa on Urbanspoon
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Evelyn and Olive
    Evelyn and Olive 630 Madison Ave Memphis, TN 38103 (901) 748-5422 Evelyn and Olive is a restaurant on Madison serving "Jamaican and Sou...
  • The Village, London
    The Village 81 Wardour Street London, W1D 6QD Another gay bar that we enjoyed in London was called The Village.  We weren't there for ka...
  • The Franklin Fountain
    The Franklin Fountain 116 Market St Philadelphia, PA 19106 After walking around Philly, we ended up in Olde City.  Well, we needed a walking...
  • Blind Bear Speakeasy
    Blind Bear Speakeasy 119 S Main St Memphis, TN 38103 Recently, we visited this speakeasy for a few drinks after dinner.  I have been here a ...
  • Coletta's Restaurant
    Coletta's Restaurant 1063 South Parkway E Memphis, TN 38106 Coletta's is an Italian tradition in Memphis.  It has been around since ...
  • The Boiling Point
    The Boiling Point 4975 Pepper Chase Dr Southaven, MS 38671 This was my second trip to this restaurant.   The first time I went for a Yelp ev...
  • Taziki's Cafe
    Taziki's Cafe 540 S Mendenhall Rd Memphis, TN 38117 A group of friends and I were looking for a place to eat for a late lunch in East Me...
  • Anthony's Grill at Paradise Island and Atlantis Hotel
    Anthony's Grill Paradise Village Shopping Centre P.O. Box N-4942 Nassau, Bahamas One day, Garrett and I went to Paradise Island to ex...
  • SCRATCHbread
    SCRATCHbread 1069 Bedford Ave Brooklyn, NY 11216 When visiting my friend in Brooklyn, I noticed there was this line at a window.  One day, I...
  • Phily Diner
    Phily Diner 31 S Black Horse Pike Runnemede NJ 08078 We stayed in New Jersey, instead of Philadelphia, based upon hotel prices.  Near our ho...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2014 (185)
    • ►  June (88)
    • ►  May (51)
    • ►  April (26)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ▼  January (2)
      • Brother Junipers
      • Arepa and Salsa
  • ►  2013 (114)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (26)
    • ►  July (24)
    • ►  June (28)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (11)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

cena
View my complete profile